Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thanksgiving?

Funny how Thanksgiving is around the corner, yet I see Christmas things everywhere. I'm not complaining -- I'm ok with Christmas specials already so that we can start shopping, but my gosh -- I feel like everything is being lumped together. Hubby and I went to the mall in search of a little momento (like a favor for their table setting) for each of our children meaningful to giving Thanks and especially being thankful to them for being here for me and for each other during this past difficult year. Lo and behold the Thanksgiving aisle at Hallmark's had been reduced to a few small end shelves and Christmas was in abundance. What to do, where to go? Hmmmm....

Upon leaving, sitting right in the middle of the mall was Santa Claus!! Wow!!

I just thought the whole scenario was funny. We barely have left Halloween, Thanksgiving is about two weeks away and Santa is already here. :)

I think I'll go buy my Butterball turkey and look at fall leaves falling from our tree. Oh, and put out our Fall wreath!!!

2 comments:

Tia Maria said...

Sorry to disappoint you but Christmas stuff was on display the day after Halloween. Try some boutique or craft sales. They usually carry all sorts of handmade or original gifts. Harvest Festival is a good one - maybe for next year. Happy Thanksgiving.

Another time of beginnings said...

You're Kidding!!! :) Can you believe it? I guess I haven't been out much -- I didn't realize how Christmasy it was already! Write me an email -- let me know how you are. :)

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones