Friday, August 14, 2009

Two weeks in . . .

Two weeks in our pocket. Thank God it's Friday! Two weeks of my new little ones acting very much like the little kindergarteners they were. I give them a good month before they begin to act like 1st graders. They're sweet, though. I think I'll have a very good class this year.

Sometimes, though, I feel like I'm only going through the motions. My heart is not in my work right now. I asked a dear friend of mine how long does it take for us to feel happy again. She had lost her brother about five years ago. She said it takes a long time -- too long. I don't know how my mom makes it. She is sad so much of the time. It took a long time for me to feel happy after my dad passed away. I can now think of my dad, yes-with a little sadness still, but more with a smile of the memories we had with him. But again, I can't fathom how long this sadness will last.

My honey is home this weekend (he is working away) and I was so happy to see him. He makes my life wonderful and I can actually feel like I'll be ok. Tears are always on the verge - a song, a thought, a phone ringing, a memory - many memories.

It's the weekend -- time to regenerate.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones