Monday, April 14, 2008

God bless them . . .

What do you say to a mother and father who have lost their child? To a sister who has lost her brother? I don't understand.

The funeral was solemn, sometimes we laughed at a memory spoken by a loved one, sometimes we cried, most of the time we thought about this young man's life and how blessed his family and friends were to have him in their lives. We also thought about our own children and how blessed we are. We never know when our Good Lord will call us home. We need to hug our kids and thank God for them over and over again and tell them how much we love them.

As I hugged my friend's mom, my friend, she asked me about my own son -- my son who used to get her son's hand-me-downs -- I said he was good. She said "Give him a big hug for me and don't ever stop hugging him." We cried together. "I'm so sorry." I told her I loved her. And she said the same.

My heart hurts for the family because they are in so much pain. God bless them.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones