Friday, April 4, 2008

Memories

Did I tell you that I grew up near the Snake River in Idaho? It was so close to us that we used to go fishing almost every weekend.

During my senior year in high school, I cleaned a house for a wealthy couple, friends of my parents, who lived right on the Snake River. I used to arrive at their home at 10:00 in the morning as they prepared to go out for the day. I loved their home. It was big and spacious with deep blue shag carpets. After vacuuming and dusting and cleaning, I'd go out on their deck which sat over the river and watched speed boats and skiiers rush past me. Some were my friends, others visitors to our beautiful part of our state. It was amazing. Also near this river was a restuarant named Sligar's where I had my first slice of pineapple and ham pizza. Oh my gosh! I'd never tasted pizza like this before -- it was delicious!!!

Why do I remember these things -- because sometimes it's good to remember the good things in life. Friends come and go, life changes from minute to minute, but love is always a constant.

When we bought our home, we said we would open it up for our family and friends. We have had so many gatherings, birthday parties and celebrations in our backyard that overlooks the whole valley and at night it is an absolutely other world. I like when people ask us if they may have a party at our house. Sure it's a lot of work to get the house in order, especially if I'm working, but the joy it brings to our loved ones is far and above the best reward. God has blessed my husband and I with so much and we like to share what we have.

When I was young, I looked out over the Snake River on the deck of this very nice couple. Today I look over a valley as far as I can see from my own deck. How interesting that I'm back where I was. Hmmm....

Memories are still being made. We have so many. That is what is good about Life.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones