Saturday, July 7, 2007

Lots of Blessings!

The weekend is here -- 1st two days of school shelved away. It never fails -- at the beginning of a new school year I miss my last year's students very much and standing before me are children who last week were in kindergarten -- talkative and very active. They miss their kinder teacher (who by the way is a beautiful person with a very kind heart), they want to go to the bathroom (one kid was gone for about 10 minutes -- "Oh yes, Mrs. L, he does that all the time," they miss playing games, blocks, puzzles etc. It was a tiring day to say the least on my first day. But as they prepared to go home, one of my "new" little girls said, "It's only our first day, Mrs. L. -- tomorrow we will be better." I was so touched and thanked her and them for a "wonderful" first day. I know I have the BEST job.

We had a very restful and delicious 4th of July at my daughter and son-in-law's home. The time went so fast. I really enjoyed the peacefulness of their backyard and the way our family was all together. I miss that very much. As I was growing up as a young adult--people would ask me "And what do you want to be when you grow up?" I would reply, "I want to be a mother." That's all I wanted to do -- be a mother--a good mother to my children. We were and still are so blessed with our children and sometimes when they are all together, I tell my husband -- "Listen, just listen to them." We hear their voices, their laughter, their discussions. We are in awe because these are OUR children. We smile and we laugh with them. God has certainly blessed us.

Hey! Before I forget -- I got my vacuum cleaner back today from the shop! I was so excited! I was using a used one and it just wasn't doing the job. Yuck! But ok -- it tried. Every woman needs her very own vacuum cleaner that is dependable beyond words. I'm so glad I have it back. I got to go vacuum now. Yay! It's back!

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones