Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Anger (sigh . . . )

Why do people hold on to anger so much? Don't they realize how much it hurts their spirit?

I talked to my little brother tonight and the anger he feels to past events has gone on too long. I try to tell him how precious life is, to have faith that everything will be alright, to look to the future and leave the past in the past. But, he can't. He is not ready to do that. In the process he has alienated himself and he's ok with this. Alright, he will do what he wants to do. I call it Stubborness! How he reminds me of my father... We never fall far from the tree, do we.

What do you do about a situation like this. I love everyone -- or at least I try to. I can be pretty stubborn myself, but come on -- who does it hurt in the long run--everyone.

I don't know -- I just think life is too short to be angry all the time. It's such a waste. It's so much better to wake up in the morning, thank God for another day and greet everyone with a "Good Morning!" or a "Buenos Dias!" How perfect is that.

I feel for my little brother because he could be so happy if he just allowed himself to be. His therapist said it the best -- Time will heal everything -- and he's right, but my brother is not ready. Again to what I said at the beginning -- Why is he holding on to so much anger? I'm tired and I don't agree with him.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones