Thursday, May 6, 2010

Meeting??

Went to a meeting today for work where I was totally bored. Although the information was good, we've been implementing our reading program for about 7 years now and I don't see that we learned anything exceptionally new. We just learned a different or added way of doing what we already do. Maybe the ideas would work in an ideal classroom of some fantasy school that doesn't have to test every other day and follow lesson plans that are dictated by the district. But in the real world of teaching, we do the best we can with the time we have.

The coffee and lemon pound cake were good, lunch was good, the company was very good, therefore, I suppose it wasn't too bad, but I would have preferred to be with my little ones.

Stopped by to see my sister's old co-workers and to thank them for coming to her memorial almost a year ago. I wasn't sure I could do it, but we needed to say thank you. My sister cared for them very much. It was a little hard to walk into the building. Once I was inside, I introduced myself, but they knew who I was. I thanked them and filled them in on the direction my mom's life has gone. They invited me to come again in the near future after they move into their new building. I said I would visit, but I know I will not go again because my sister is not there.

On a lighter note, tomorrow I will see my little sister. I'm so excited and pleased to be able to spend some time with her.

We continue moving forward . . .

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones