Friday, July 17, 2009

The Two Marias Go to the Spa

Life can be grand. Thanks to my dear friend, Maria, who invited me to go with her to Glen Ivy Springs Spa in Corona -- a day of relaxation, good conversation, and time together.
It was a tug-of-war with my heart whether to venture out in life. My mom is still my primary concern, but she also encouraged me to go and enjoy the day. And I did. It was so much fun. We relaxed in the pool, took in a mud bath (laughed at each other with mud on our faces :), I got a Swedish massage and Maria got a water massage, went to the grotto, a cave-like environment where they applied a mixture of aloe vera and iodine to our bodies - then sat in a steam room with this mixture on :), sat in a mineral bath (which smelled of rotten eggs - yuck - but so nice and warm-had to get all those healing energies into our bodies:), then finally joined many other customers in the lap pool and relaxed again. Ahhhh.... let's not forget the delicious salad lunch and cookies for dessert. We were so pampered -- no time (really, there are no clocks around) no cell phones (locked up :), plenty of iced water and towels. My gosh, we could ask for nothing else. :)


I have decided to start a money jar labeled "Glen Ivy" for next year. "Same Time Next Year"
Right Maria? Thank you for inviting me. I needed a day like that day.



2 comments:

Tia Maria said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the day - looked like you didn't really want to leave. Same Time Next Year sounds good to me.

Another time of beginnings said...

I didn't. I guess it was the realization that I would be going back to reality. It felt good to be happy and just talk -- normal.

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones