Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thinking . . .


Watering plants, although tedious can also be very relaxing. I hadn't thought much about it in the past since this is my husband's hobby (gardening). Today, however, has been a relaxing sort of day. Watched a movie on tv., ate leftovers from the 4th (homemade potato salad - yum and chocolate cake with a glass of milk -- so much for the diet :) Then I told my honey, "I think I'll water the plants, they look a little dry. . ." I think he was grateful, "Don't forget the ones on the other side of the deck. . ." No problem. And there I went. I think I'll take over during the summer -- allows me to go outside and water while I think or just enjoy the day.
I think a lot about my sister -she is always on my mind. I miss her. I talked to my husband about her yesterday and expressed my sadness. He is so understanding. He also lost his brother to cancer about 10 or 11 years ago. He misses him still to this day. He told me it will get better. Will it?
I have plans for my month off -- make a hair appt. for my mama (yay!), move her down to the valley where God-willing she can begin again, therefore, house-hunting; go see Pageant of the Masters (artsy event) with my family; go to a spa with my good friend (never been to one in my life -- OMG! I have to wear a swimsuit - YIKES!!!!; have lunch at the beach with my honey during his vacation; and finally, go back to work at the end of the month. I think I can do all this, in fact, I'm happy to do it all!!
Hmmmmm...... :)

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones