Saturday, June 6, 2009

To Say Goodbye . . .


My sister passed away this last week, but I have a hard time remembering what day it was. All the days seem to mesh into one and I'm so tired. I miss her. I wish she was here. I walk into her home and I think she will be there. I walk into her bedroom and I expect to see her there, laying down. I'll cover her and she'll be warm. I'll see her smile and we will all be ok.
Thursday will be her memorial, a celebration of her life. We need this day as a closure to be able to go on. A way of saying good-bye and see you soon.
She was our strong one, the one we all ran to, the one with the answers, the one who kept the family together. We are so sad without her.
I have to remember she's with our good Lord now and no longer suffering. This is my comfort. . . . But I am so sad.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones