Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Party!!

Halloween is back among us once again. Usually it is not a big deal at our home since our children are now grown. My youngest who is 17 has long since retired to the sofa getting up occasionally when the doorbell rings. He used to wear a mask that when pushing on a hidden button would cause make-believe blood to flow down inside his mask-face scaring many a small child. He would rig up a skull with a hidden microphone that he would use to speak from around the corner. "Hello ...... ooooooo!!! The skull's mouth would open and close as he spoke and its eyes would light up in bright red colors. Oh, and I mustn't forget the big black rat that he would position right inside the door and the spiderwebs hanging in the foyer with big black spiders reaching down to scratch the top of our heads. That was a while back. Last couple of years, we have opted for the candy bowl on a side table and no decorations.

BUT this year, my niece has asked us to allow them to throw a Halloween party at our home. Ok, we said, thinking it will be a few friends and family. But from what I am hearing it has expanded. We will have a DJ, potluck, prizes for best costume and, for sure, lots of dancing. I'm excited!

I'm not sure what I will dress up like -- I'm trying to talk my son into dressing like a "flower child" since his girl will be a go-go dancer.

Now I need to begin the cleaning of the house. Regardless, if the party is outside, we always have someone ask to see our home. It makes me feel good, but I worry about how tidy and clean it is. I can do this. No problem -- just get busy! :-)

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones