Wednesday, October 1, 2008

An Art Festival in Celebration of Us

My little ones created a mural for our school's Hispanic Heritage Art Festival. I was so proud of them since I watched them carefully paint their 8x10 canvas using water colors. After putting it all together like a puzzle, the results was this beautiful work of art.

I liked that it depicted children walking to school. When I asked my students what they saw in the mural, one of my girls said, "I see the world." This was so cool. :-)

Beautiful sun, beautiful flowers . . .



My first graders did a really great job. From what I understand, this mural is displayed in East Los Angeles by an artist whose name is unreadable. Thank you artist for a wonderful inspiration. I have always wanted to do a mural with my students. Happy celebration for us Latinos!!!

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones