Sunday, March 23, 2008

Blessings

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Happy Easter to everyone.

When we go to church, I am excited to hear God's word. I like our Pastor because I feel he is so blessed to be able to share with us what I feel and believe God has to say to us. So much is applicable to our lives.

Throughout the years, we have visited many, many churches looking for a place we could honestly say -- Yes, I can hear You. We have visited Assemblies of God, Pentacostal, Mormon, Calvary Chapels, Baptist, and for many years the Apostolic Church. We were raised Catholic like many of our families. I love the Catholic Church, it's a good church. I feel God's love in this church, but I didn't learn as much as my heart wanted to learn. It was traditional, the same every Sunday. It's a church to meditate in, to contemplate God's presence in your life. And it was good. But I have always wanted more. There had to be more. Therefore, the visiting. The Apostolic Church had a real hold on us. I loved the messages, the singing, the speaking in tongues. Our pastor was also very blessed. But what I didn't like were the rules bestowed to the women. No, no, no!

We were there for so long. Then we left. For at least ten years I could not bring myself to attend a "church." I had become disillusioned by any "man-made" church meaning -- all churches. Until one day someone invited me and we went. My youngest son liked it a lot and for him we stayed. And now we love it, too. I'm so filled with gratitude that God, in his infinite mercy, does not give up on me or us. I stop and think how much He must love us to continue to call us back to Him. I'm so glad I have begun to listen again.

Yes, today was Easter. It was a beautiful morning singing songs of praise and listening to God's word. It was a beautiful afternoon with our children. We are so blessed. It will be a beautiful week. I know. Thank you, Lord.





No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones