Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hispanic Heritage Month?

We are celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month. What? More on our plate. Why? At first I thought they were kidding. We've never celebrated this "month," why now? The district is insisting. Ok. What can my little ones do that they can do and not me? I'm hearing that classes are making papel picado, brightly colored tissue flowers, English/Spanish children's books, tile paintings, Diego Rivera murals, Ojo de Dios. Well then . . . I went on the internet and found a really cool idea. We are painting Zapotec weavings!!!!! How cool is that? Now I'm excited and can't wait to get started. Finish the descriptive writing and let's get started. We have two weeks.

Wish us luck....

Our art projects will be displayed in our cafeteria Oct. 17 during Student Led Conferences so that when parents are done with their child conference they can go and see our wonderful displays. I am so excited!!!!!

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones