Friday, June 22, 2007

My Mom's Party - Cool!

Today was our last day of school for this year. The year went by too fast. I said goodbye to my little ones and hugged them as they left my classroom for the last time as 1st graders. I will miss them. But then again - it was time.

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday and I feel excited and somewhat anticipatory. My sister and I were hoping for all the children to be there, but alas, only the regulars will be there and that's ok to a degree. My brother and his family from Sacramento will be there. My little sister from Idaho and their youngest son will be there. My little sister from Phoenix and her husband will be there, my youngest brother, my family, and my sister. That makes six siblings which is not bad considering that there are nine of us. It just would have been nice if all had come out for my mom. How can they not understand that my mom will not always be here. I'm so glad we are going. Now the anticipatory part is that I need to behave and be polite to all in attendance - primarily the "in-laws" who will remain unnamed. I'm an in-law, too, and I know how it feels to be excluded. So, therefore, I will be nice. OK? :-) Excited!

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones