Sunday, March 4, 2007

Peacefulness

Gal. 5:22,23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control."

We buried him last Tuesday. It was a nice ceremony. Our families were still divided, but that's ok. As long as we all loved him and we did. And now we go forward in life. It feels good to be back to a semblance of happiness and continuity.

We hosted a dinner "party" for some of our nieces and nephews Thursday night. My mother in law came, too. A chance to relax and like I said, enjoy life -- through their eyes this time. We laughed so much, they talked about the past, the present, and God-willing, their futures. But the best was their laughter. This is what life is about - to love and and laugh.
I'm so glad we did this -- we all needed it.

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones