Sunday, January 21, 2007

To Forgive

To forgive is to forgive from the heart with love with the help of the Holy Spirit.

I learned this at our Woman's Bible Study yesterday. It seems simple enough, but it gave me lots to think about. We can say, "Yes, we forgive," but do we really? Does the pain caused by the hurt go so deep that we can not forget? So is forgiveness really there. This can be a problem and it has been mine.

The Lord's Prayer which is the best prayer we can say has the verse "And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors," How can we ask God to forgive us for our sins if we can not forgive. He loves us so much that we need to extend that love to everyone and pray for those who have possibly offended us and forgive them with love. We need to pray in faith and realize that the battle is not ours, but God's, and we need to seek Him first.

When I heard this I was amazed. I was elated. A door had been opened to me and I thought, Wow! Is that what I have to do? I can do this with God's help, I can pray with my heart and in love and with the help of the Holy Spirit. I can give my battle to God. My complacency is gone. I am excited for what lays ahead because I feel all will be good in His Name.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones